The Value Reader extractor combines over a dozen multiple extractor types into a single extractor for increased functionality and ease of use.The Value Reader is a data extraction tool in Grooper. This object allows users to return values from a document in a variety of ways, including regular expression pattern matching, optical mark recognition, and barcode detection.
The Value Reader is a new extraction object introduced in Grooper 2021. It is designed to expand on the extractor functionality of Grooper's regular expression pattern matching capabilities to include newer extraction capabilities, such as extracting values next to OMR (optical mark recognition) checkboxes and barcode values. In previous versions, this functionality was split across multiple objects (or properties of multiple objects). The Value Reader extractor combines these disparate functionalities into a single extractor object with increased functionality. This object forms the foundation for extracting information from a document, using a variety of different methods.
- Do you need to extract a date? A Value Reader can do that!
- Do you need to extract anything matching a list of values? A Value Reader can do that!
- Do you need to extract English language unigrams (or bigrams etc)? A Value Reader can do that!
- Do you need to extract a value from a barcode? A Value Reader can do that!
- Do you need to extract the label next to a checked checkbox? A Value Reader can do that!
Do you need to find any value at all? You're going to use some kind of configuration of the Value Reader to do it.